home about recipes how-to bookstore contact

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Toppers: Cupcake, cupcake


I get so many emails asking when or if i'm going to do the tutorial for this cupcake topper and it has finally come up next on the list (yes i keep a list! I LOVE lists, lol). Although I think that when I make them again as toppers I will make them a tiny bit smaller. I also have plans to make these as ornaments in polymer clay and sell them in my etsy store (not open just yet, but soon!) Here's what you'll need to make one:


cupcakecup12

-Fondant smoother
-Paint brush and water
-Knife
-Pink, white, and red fondant

cupcakecup11

-Take pink fondant and roll into a tube with the fondant smoother.

cupcakecup10

-Pinch top and bottom edges to define them more.

cupcakecup9

cupcakecup13

-With fondant smoother taper one end just slightly.

cupcakecup8

-Using knife make lines all the way around base.

cupcakecup14

cupcakecup6

-For Frosting take white fondant about the same size as the pink.

cupcakecup5

-Flatten slightly with the fondant smoother.

cupcakecup4

-Using Ball tool, push up into center to form dome.

cupcakecup3

-Take leaf veiner and make 5 evenly spaced indents around the base.

cupcakecup2

-Icing all ready to go!

cupcakecup1

-With a small amount of water attatch icing to cupcake base and add cherry on top!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

24 comments:

  1. Thanks Alot!! Thats cute enuff to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    As always thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your tutorials. They are so detailed. Thanks so much for all the time you put into them. Do you have any graduation toppers? I would love to do some cupcakes for my sister in-laws graduation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You make everything seem so easy with the way you describe things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for these! I love how detailed your tutorials are

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon your site one day and absoluetly love your work. I am in the process of starting my own blog and I would love to link back to your work. I will try to follow your directions and show how mines came out. I am horrible with fondant and if I can follow along anyone can. Then they can link back to you for your tutorials. Thanks for all you do and keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your toppers, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much everyone. i'm so glad that you all enjoy them! mara that would be awesome! can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I am glad I came along with your blog. I love it. You are very talented. Great job, thank you for sharing with all of us your ideas and great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was wonderful and so creative.
    Great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything I've seen in your blog is just so darn adorable.
    I've never worked with or even eaten fondant and I'm curious what it tastes like.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! I found your blog from Cake Journal. You are awesome! Beautiful work. It makes me want to start decorating cakes again. I don't have enough time, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much everyone! oneordinaryday-marshmallow fondant tastes like.. well marshmallows :D, store bought depends on the brand, but to me tastes like sweet vanilla icing, and wilton brand tastes AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your job is amazing!! I love it! Congratulations, you have a great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you are very clever!!!!! I am a lil addicted to cupcakes so can't wait to try these out!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable!! You should submit it to our Cupcake Crown competition! http://www.celebrations.com/cupcakecrown/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for all your wonderful tutorials, they have helped me SOOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tuck Front Boxes are manufactured using the latest best-in-class creation
    procedures; these methods accompany the anti-dust pleats and cherry-like
    closure that make them highly productive and robust in use. Tuck Front Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Custom Boxes World UK is proud to offer packaging options for wine bottles and gifts. We carry wine bottle boxes that are designed specifically to hold a standard wine bottle, in both clear and frosted options. Wine Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Custom Lip Liner Boxes are one of the most widely used beauty products. As they are best for defining the outline of your lips and give them an alluring shape. In other words, they enhance the beauty of your looks and make them look fuller and well-defined.

    ReplyDelete