home about recipes how-to bookstore contact

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Toppers: Watering Can

wateringcancupcake

Today's Tuesday topper is the final installment of my Mother's Day cupcakes. A sweet little flower watering can. The funny thing about this cupcake though, when I first made these about a month ago, the watering can tutorial pictures didn't turn out :(. So yesterday I sat down and did another one. Well I don't know if it is my camera going on the fritz or my memory card, but quite a few of the pictures I took were missing when I loaded them on the computer :P. So I decided not to tempt fate and try for a third time (and i didn't have anymore green fondant, hehe) so i'm missing just a few steps and one pic is blurry, but i'm sure you'll get the idea. Next time i'll be sure to load the pictures before I put all of my stuff away, lol. Here's what you'll need to make one:

watercan24

-Fondant smoother
-Paint brush
-Leaf veiner (for leaves, see small ribbon rose tutorial)
-Ball tool
-Knife
-Sage green, pink, dark green fondant

watercan23

watercan22

-Take larger ball of fondant (about 1 1/4") and flatten with fondant smoother

watercan21

-Put disk on its side and flatten side slightly.

watercan20

-Turn on the other side and flatten slightly again for top.

watercan19

-Round longer edges slighly with fingers

watercan18


watercan17 watercan16


-With small end of ball tool make indentations along top for opening.

watercan15

-With larger end smooth back and forth to even out.

watercan14

-Pinch sides back in.

watercan

-Take small ball tool again and push it against two fingers to form the lip.

watercan13

-With index finger, push side in under lip just slightly

watercan11

-Take a smaller ball of fondant and roll into a thin rope

watercan10

-Cut in half. One piece for the top handle and one for the side handle

watercan9

-With a small amount of water, attatch one piece on top of watering can.

-Imagine there is another pic here showing me attatching the side handle :D.

watercan7

-Take another small ball of fondant and roll into a small log.

watercan6

-With ball tool, flatten one end.

watercan4

-Take a tiny ball of fondant and flatten with fondant smoother.

watercan3

-Attatch to spout

watercan2

-With small amount of water attatch to side of watering can.

watercan1

-You can use a small piece of waxed paper rolled up to support the spout if it wants to droop.

-For the rose on the side see my ribbon rose tutorial and just cut it much thinner.

Here should be a lovely picture of the finished watering can with the pink rose on the side, but it was another one of the pictures eaten by my camera. Another option would be to use a tiny flower cutout too.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. thank you for this gret idea ! I always look foward to your Tuesday Toppers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - hope you sort out your camera soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanks for the great Toppers idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!
    I really like your great and creative ideas!!
    Thanks for sharing these ideas!!
    women handbags

    ReplyDelete